Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Conversations with a Teenager



Remember when you really knew that you knew it all? You were probably about 21. I guess it all began around 13, maybe even earlier. You looked at your parents and realized they did not have a clue, or so you thought. We have entered that world. Christopher and I are out of touch and ignorant. I think we are quite mean as well. I do know we are a hassle, requiring chores and thank you notes and whatnot. The nerve. We are on the edge of being. "the enemy."












But we'll keep trying. We'll keep telling him the truth and things of God's truth. Good things that will plant and water the seeds of faith. We'll keep asking questions. Getting one-line answers. Asking more questions until after numerous questions we have almost a full sentence. 'Cause he's our boy and we love him.



And even if he thinks we are a major pain, and talk too much and ask too many questions, at least he knows that we care enough to bother.








And maybe, just maybe one day...
he'll realize that we know something, and that we only want the best for him, and that we really do care about him, and then...










he'll remember that he loves us too!








Our boy, he's fantastic!











No comments: