Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Cup of Tea and Thee

A cup of tea. A moment with you, and then a book. What a perfect moment.

This week I have had the privilege of teaching arts to 3rd-6th grade kids at Camp Harmony. While exhausting, it really has been a fun time. I have enjoyed doing the sculpting, grouting, baking, painting etc. with them, and their creativity astounds me. Not to mention their energy! Usually the evenings this week have found me seeking quiet after the melee of the days. :0) Tomorrow we will work with metal, and then wrap up the week on Friday with some sewing. These kiddos are adorable- and talented!

Isaac has not been in my classes, but I hear he is good at washing dishes! Alex has been helping the cooking classes and the music classes. They are also tired, but happy. Yesterday they went to Laser Craze with the Hinners, Beesons, and a Crull  and a Botkin, and had a buddy sleep over. Today they hung out at the Farmers all afternoon. What a busy and fun week we have had! All this after Alex JUST got back from the mission trip. More on that later.

Today, after camp, I have cleaned out the guest room and closet in anticipation of our dear friends and their 4 children visiting Sat/Sun. I had stored a lot of future yard sale stuff in the room, and the furniture was not put back after the new carpet installation. Needless to say I have spend the last few hours cleaning and straightening. 

Off to finish up some laundry and then the book. Hope YOU are having a fun and creative week as well! 




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun, Arielle! This must be putting a dent in your staining the cabinets?

Cindi said...

Ah, a cup of tea sounds good....

I wanted to say thank you for all your thoughts, prayers, and blog comments during our trip to China. It was so encouraging to know that our friends and family were virtually with us! It is a journey that continues...

Will look forward to keeping up with your blog, now that we're home.