
Ephesians 5:15-17 Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
Time management is something with which I struggle. I do believe I JUST posted earlier this week about NOT being distracted from the things of the world and then yesterday I spent HOURS on the computer. I did not do anything on my list of chores and I am frustrated. I did not even eat all day. How does that happen? One gets on the puter for a few moments to check email, Facebook, Twitter, the Blog and then suddenly it has been HOURS?!
Does anyone else find this disturbing? Sure, I can justify it. I was connecting with friends and loved ones. I was reading or posting blogs about God (well, and recipes, and blog skins since I am STILL dissatisfied with mine- found a lovely French Country one, Pastor Dave, but it would not load). I was reading and passing on prayer requests. This is all good, but did I sacrifice best for good? I don't know. I know I needed to exercise and read my Bible and Pray and do neglected chores and still more deep cleaning. THOSE were sparse or not accomplished at all due to the many hours I was online.
So I have decided that I need to be more intentional (what is the word, Cynthia, Purposeful?) about HOW I use my time. It really matters to the Lord what we do with our time. And it seems the enemy is so very cunning with his distractions. See Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis. I cannot ever get past the middle of the book. I get too convicted!
I included a link that gives a brief overview of time blocking- my husband's suggestion. It seems guyish, but effective. So soon and very soon I plan to block time :0) to figure out how to block time so that I can actually get on the computer and still do other things as well.
There really can be no excuses. God has called us to be good stewards of our thoughts, words, actions, time, talents, treasures. I really would like Him to find me more faithful.
If you struggle with this, I would be happy to work on this with you. I crave accountability.
So... Redeem the Time!
You can copy paste this and then type in time blocking into the Google Search box to see the article:
http://ezinearticles.com/?Time-Management-Tip--Time-Blocking-is-a-Key-
Time-Management-Tip&id=629533

6 comments:
I too would like to use my time better. The computer can be used for God's work or can be used by Satan to steel our time away. I know I need to prioritize and be more wise about my use of time. I need help to learn more about time blocking.
I'm SO with you on this. Time and paper management are major challenges for me. It's doubly difficult because my days are so different from each other, and carry a high probability of unexpectedness. I haven't found a great way to keep ahead of the game, so I'd love to work on this with you. Of course, I suspect that part of my problem is that I want something easy that requires no effort or discipline on my part! I think that might be a fantasy.
I am with you both! I want to be a good steward of my time- etcetera, but I don't really want to put in a lot of self-discipline. Ugh.
But then, I am not really content being so rebellious either. :0)
So, let me learn this technique, and then in a week or so I am willing to come and teach you as well.
Joy, I would gladly trade help with this for blog help!
Hi Arielle,
This is my first time to your new blog and I will plan to visit often in the future. This is something that I struggle with and haven't come up with perfect solutions!
See you soon,
Susan
Hi Arielle,
After I read your post, I ran across this blog post by Randy Alcorn.I think you will find it interesting. A very similar thought as yours. Enjoy!
Dea
http://randyalcorn.blogspot.com/2008/05/planned-neglect-saying-no-to-good.html
Hi Ari,
I got my blog template from the standard ones in blogger. I think you can go to the template setting. It was so long ago that I set it up that I forget. I customized it a little bit by adding links and my one google Adsense thing. When Andrew gets time (ha ha) he is going to create a custom template for me. Perhaps that will be what I ask for for Chriatms this year! :) Hope this answers your question.
Post a Comment