Monday, August 18, 2008

School Begins!

Alex and I begin homeschooling today. That meant getting up much earlier than usual for summertime. Isaac gets to begin his school schedule this week as well (tho he doesn't understand WHY). So I did let them sleep in until 7:30AM, but then it was up and at em! 

I am looking forward to this year. I have not had time alone with Alex for almost 12 years. I look forward to getting to know him better. Heart to heart. I pray that this year will be a time of renewal and of drawing our hearts to the Lord and each other in a deeper way. 

Of course I also want him to excel academically, but his heart and character matter more to me than just his mind. One of the challenges will be what to do with Isaac all day. :0)

If all goes well we get to go to a friend's house this afternoon. Lord willing!!!!

Oh did I mention that I still haven't figured out how to finish staining the built in book shelves- where all the homeschool stuff is supposed to go, and that Christopher left for Newark- he'll be there every week for 12 weeks? Oh well. Moving on....

2 comments:

Cindi said...

Homeschooling again!

I hope that is going very well for you.... how I remember the challenges, but also the rewards.

me said...

Hi Arielle,
Hope schooling is going well. So are you taking the all day counseling class (on Mondays) at Clearcreek Chapel??? I have been told by many that those classes require a lot of work/reading (I think Cynthia took them). Is it hard juggling the classes and homeschooling?
Things are going very well here. Daniel and I have been at school for 2 weeks now. I'm trying to adjust to getting up early. Still can't seem to get to bed early though!
I'm glad I can keep up with you on your blog.
OH, remember the Bible teacher, Cindy Roell, that Andrea Ritze and I were telling you about? She has moved back to Ohio and will begin teaching the I Peter study live in October. Let me know if you are interested in more details!
By the way, I haven't heard from you in a while over at www.dea-frommmyhearttoyours.blogspot.com Stop over again sometime...I always enjoy getting your comments! :)
Blessings,
Dea