Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ramblings


School is going well. It is over so very quickly each day. Then he is free to fill his time with things that truly matter in a young man's life: creatures from the creek, homemade parachutes, walking the dog. The things of life.

My younger one began 6th grade today in the public school system. His last year there, I hope. He is very excited to see old friends missed over the busy summer. I pick him up in an hour to hear about the fun things that he did today, his first day back.

I think the AC/furnace AND fridge are all about to go kaput. Oh, joy. I think I would rather spend the money on a trip to Hawaii. Is that an option? Jaime, we do not get to practice the nothing new for a month gig right now, bummer.

My hubby is traveling again. Eating at new restaurants and burning the midnight oil. He is missed.

The built-in bookshelves are still not built in. They are still in the garage. Every time I fix something a new problem arises. Now I get to sand them down- part of them anyway- and re-stain and re-polyurethane them. Oh, joy. Will they ever be finished?

Level two of the counseling program begins Monday. Then I will have a lot of my own homework to do each week. I really need to get those shelves finished!!!

Well, that's all that is going on at our house. Drop us a line and catch us up with yourselves!

No comments: