Good Morning! I sit here listening to Third Day sing Christmas songs on our new Denon system that Christopher picked out. He does not know it is here (my thanks to EBay!). I got up early to set it up as a surprise. It is a dark, quiet and rainy Christmas Eve morning. All the guys (and Phoebe) are asleep. I sit here contemplating our Lord and am amazed at all the fuss we mortals make at Christmas, in the Name of Christ.
Yesterday in the car Christopher and I discussed that we feel behind and guilty about our Christmas preparations based on requirements defined by others. In the midst of it all it is so easy to lose sight of our Saviour. And isn't that really the whole point? Really? Why do we let the world define our lives and what is good? Why would we compare ourselves to what we see around us and concern ourselves with keeping up? Doesn't this just serve to distract us from a quiet & gentle heart in love with and satisfied by our Lord?
I worry about not having enough traditions. I worry about not making it meaningful enough. I worry about not enough special memories. I worry about the boys not seeing a Saviour in the mass of preparations and events.
Then last year we found Behold the Lamb. Andrew Peterson has been doing this concert for about 10 years. He always ends the circuit here in Cincinnati. We went again this year and were able to share it with special friends as well. This is a night of worship and laughter. It is a night of music and also of the whole story of Jesus in songs. It always reminds me of the awesome majesty of our Lord.
I don't know what traditions you hold. I don't know if right now you are on the road, in the air, or preparing for guests. But I pray that you find some quiet moments to praise our Lord and to rejoice in His gifts to you: His gifts of forgiveness and life; His gifts of grace and mercy; His gifts of everything you could ever imagine to ask for- that really matters anyway.
All praise and glory to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ!
Merry Christmas and a Blessed 2009, from our hearts to yours!

1 comment:
Beautiful reminder!
Thanks, Arielle!
Merry Christmas!
Love,
Dea
Post a Comment