
Few things give me the thrill that organizing gives me. Just ask Pookie. I am sure I drove her nuts begging her to let me re-arrange cabinets and furniture. Such patience she had!
Julie Morgenstern is like the Grand Master of organizers. The rest of them all got started with her! She may be a bit deeper than you want, but she covers it all and gives a great foundation. That is why the three books on my last post were so helpful and inspiring. They were quick, easy and put things back in the forefront of my mind, but I am glad I had read Julie's books a few years ago.
Emilie Barnes has some lovely ideas and thinks it can all be done in 15 minute increments. That is quite a relief for most of us. It may take you MANY 15 minute increments, but that is easily squeezed into ANY schedule! She tackles every area of life from entertaining to labeling. Barb R.- might be a great way to organize the boxes for Africa! See her section on the card file box with 3x5's and coordinating numbers on boxes.
For time management many have found Elizabeth George's book helpful. I read it. It IS good. It is practical and riddled with great Scriptural encouragement. However her sample of a poor schedule (that was apparently NOT a good way to live and had driven her to her doctor' office numerous times) looked fabulous to me, a DREAM schedule. Needless to say I did not get it, and I still struggle with that one. Apparently reality and I do not co-exist. :0)
So have fun and let me know how it goes!

2 comments:
Will definitely check out the Emilie Barnes book. Thanks!
I'm so with you on this stuff. I just don't have the time to be organized. Ha ha! :)
Just kidding.
One of my more recent goals is to get up before everyone else and have quiet time and make breakfast. I'm not sure I'll meet this one since Andrew gets up at 5:30 am.
Post a Comment