I gave myself the gifts of better health and better organization. I only have one body while on this earth and it isn't getting any younger. I still have so much I want to do for the Lord, but it really is more difficult when I physically struggle. So here's to good health! And the Lord has been trying to teach me the value of simplicity for almost 5 years. I struggle to get it, but I am trying! His processes are not usually what I would choose though! So on to a more disciplined home and calendar/planner.
Why do these things always involve pain? And patience? And lots of work?!
I tried Jillian's exercise DVD on Christmas Eve. On Christmas Day I could not raise my arms. At all. Listen, I ride 9 miles on the bike in the basement-with hills AND hand weights. I did not expect it to be THAT bad! I started the aspirin as soon as the DVD was over, and I continued the aspirin for the next 24hrs. So on Friday I tried it again using only 1.75LBS weights. Much better-after more aspirin. I still hate that 20 minutes (did it again yesterday), but there is hope. I know it says 30-Days, but I plan to do it every other day so I guess it will take longer? I suppose the pain is a good sign?! Time and aspirin will tell. Thanks for the tip, Shawn!
These books (I got the three pack on the Amazon page, scroll down) by Marcia Ramsland are written very simply. I am not sure I will learn a lot of new ideas, but it is great to have it in the forefront of my mind again. She simplifies and brings clarity to the process of organization. She is also encouraging! I needed the push to get things in order again. I am amazed and disheartened about the disarray around here. Where did all the stuff come from, and who is going to dust it all?! Saturday Christopher helped me inventory everything in our two pantries, and then I re-shelved everything in an orderly fashion. I think I don't
need groceries for a while!!!!!!! Good grief.
Sunday we went through all the Christmas stuff and put a bunch of it in the Give Away pile. Yea! It will be nice to have less stuff to get out next year. Often we do not use it all anyway. Getting in the spirit of things, while I was getting a hair cut Christopher came up with the idea to have two decor categories of bins (tree stuff and hous
e stuff) for the bins of junk, I mean items. So now it is sitting on the floor waiting for me to put away. Of the fun.
Later this week I want to move on to the desk in the family room. You know, the bill paying, postage, paperwork, mail piles? We'll see. I did pick up file folders and such at Office Depot today. So, no excuses!
In the end these are gifts well worth the effort. Now on to the effort.
What did you give yourself this year?
Oh, say. Christopher gave me something as well. It came in this box...

That is enough to get the old heart rate up!
;0) THANKS, Babe!!!

1 comment:
hey! i just bought the 30 day shred for mike & i to do together! i still have to get the weights, though. i was going to start out w/5 lbs. but after reading your post maybe i should go lower at first?!?
erin
Post a Comment